Full Time Sous Chef
- Norfolk County, ON
- Job Type
Summary of Position:
The Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in a kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment’s notice.
The Sous Chef will be expected to assist in managing staff, to effectively discipline underperforming staff members, and to recommend incentives for staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular chef roles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Executive and Restaurant Chefs in planning and directing food preparation and fill in as necessary
- Ensure the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Manage and train kitchen staff
- Establish a working schedule and assess staff performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Sous Chef
- Thorough understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of restaurant management and POS software systems (such as TouchBistro)
- Degree in Culinary Science or related certificate a definite plus!
Our company works hard, but we also like to have a lot of fun. That's why we cook food that is fresh and playful - it represents who we are. If this sounds like the type of place you'd like to work, please send a resume ASAP.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated based on your level of experience. Health benefits may be incorporated into our discussion regarding compensation, if the successful candidate demonstrates a high level of skill and experience.
Deadline for applications is July 21, 2017.
Posted 5 months ago