Front of House Servers at both The Combine and Lago Trattoria
- Norfolk County, ON
- Job Type
Summary of Position:
Full and part time positions available!
We are looking for front of house staff who are passionate about people and will go over and above to create a positive experience for our customers! Successful candidates will be expected to cheerfully, calmly and knowledgeably greet and serve patrons at both of our restaurants in Norfolk County, Ontario: The Combine (Simcoe) and Lago Trattoria (Port Dover).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Provide excellent and personalized customer service
- Answer questions about menu items, provide helpful suggestions to patrons, take orders, deliver food and drink, and regularly check on tables
- Work collaboratively with other restaurant staff to ensure operations are running smoothly, effectively and efficiently
- Maintain an alert awareness of food allergies and sensitivities, and speak confidently on the ingredients used in all menu items
- Communicate regularly and effectively with kitchen staff in order to keep up to date with menu changes and specials
- Promptly report inventory shortages to the Front of House Manager
- Effectively communicate with customers and resolve customer issues in a positive manner and cater to customer needs while on shift
- Diligently use the POS system and other restaurant management systems as instructed
- Process payments
- Occasionally provide assistance for on and off site special events, including catered weddings and parties
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Experience $ Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years front of house experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to monitor/assess your own performance, and take corrective action when required
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and what restaurant managers are asking you to do
- Must be able to work a combination of opening and closing shifts scheduled between Monday to Sunday 10am-10pm
- Experienced and comfortable with Health and Safety procedures and identifying unsafe practices or conditions
- Works well under pressure, and is able to accept constructive criticism.
Our company works hard, of course, but we also like to have a lot of fun. That’s why we like to cook food that fresh and playful - it represents who we are. If this sounds like the type of place you’d like to work, please send a resume ASAP.
Please note that compensation will be negotiated based on your level of experience.
Deadline for applications is July 21, 2017.
Posted 7 months ago