Junior Sous Chef
- Norfolk County, ON
- Job Type
Summary of Position:
The Junior Sous Chef will work alongside both the Sous Chef and Restaurant Chef to coordinate and manage all kitchen duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Sous Chef in planning and directing food preparation and fill in as necessary
- Work with the Sous Chef and other executive staff to ensure the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Assist in management and training of kitchen staff when necessary
- Assist Sous Chef in developing a working schedule and assessing staff performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, briolers, fryers, pasta cookers, saute burners, ovens, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Occasionally provide assistance for on and off site special events, including catered weddings and parties
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a professional kitchen
- Thorough understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Familiar with industry best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of restaurant management and POS software systems (such as TouchBistro)
- Ability to adhere to standards and guidelines
- Works well under pressure, and is able to accept constructive criticism
Our company works hard, but we also like to have a lot of fun. That's why we cook food that is fresh and playful - it represents who we are. If this sounds like the type of place you'd like to work, please send a resume ASAP.
Compensation for this position will be negotiated based on your level of experience.
Deadline for applications is July 21, 2017.
Posted 5 months ago