Sales Engineer (BMS, Controls, HVAC)
- Glen Cove, NY
- Job Type
T.M. Bier & Associates, Inc. is one of the largest Control Systems Engineering firms in the New York Metropolitan area. Since the industry began, TMBA has specialized in providing turnkey Building Automation Systems and energy cost reduction measures (design, installation and service) for our commercial, industrial and institutional accounts.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you would seek for TMBA to become the preferred supplier of controls for building automation and security (“last look” with contractors, “default spec” with consulting engineers, “trusted advisor” with account owners.) Utilize sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Achieve quarterly quotas and annual sales plans.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and develop new relationships with self-discovered accounts such as contractors, consulting engineers or owners. Maintain frequent face-to-face contact with the customers who most directly influence penetration. Actively listen, probe and identify concerns. Address concerns and performance lapses. Understand the customer’s business and speak their language. Develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- With assigned contractors, perform take-offs and bid the full spectrum of projects. With assigned consulting engineers, drive specifications of the full spectrum of projects towards TMBA. With assigned owner accounts, drive a preference for TMBA.
- Keep management informed of progress and account status. Call for assistance from managers to keep the sales process moving.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position TMBA.
- Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
- Utilize applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts.
- Participate in professional organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline required.
- A minimum of two years of progressive field sales experience.
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Requires good understanding of Access Building or Electronic Control Systems and HVAC.
- Ability to analyze control system drawings and schedules a plus.
- Andover Controls / Schneider Electric product knowledge a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- An Excellent Compensation Package
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employer Matched 401K & Profit Sharing
Posted 21 days ago