Experienced Project Manager (BMS. HVAC, Controls)
- Glen Cove, NY
- Job Type
Full Time Positions Open Senior Project Engineer T.M. Bier & Associates, Inc. is one of the largest Control Systems Engineering firms in the New York Metropolitan area. Since the industry began, TMBA has specialized in providing turnkey building automation systems and energy cost reduction measures, including design, installation and service for our commercial, industrial and institutional clientele.We are seeking engineers with experience in Building Management System (BMS) Project Management.
Responsibilities and Duties
Principal Duties Include:
- Acts as the primary on-site leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
- HVAC systems and controls
- Computer or electronic skills
- Experience with DDC systems
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- A very strong desire to succeed and earn an above average income
This is an excellent opportunity for professional and financial growth for a team player. We offer:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employer Matched 401(k) and Profit Sharing
Posted 21 days ago