Controls Estimator (BMS, HVAC)
- Glen Cove, NY
- Job Type
We are seeking a junior level Controls Estimators for our Glen Cove office.
The ideal candidate should have experience in Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)/ Building Management Systems (BMS) and HVAC Building Control Systems projects or related HVAC and/or electrical experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering drawings, specifications and related documents.
- Review specifications, drawings and attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Review bid documents prior to bidding, checking for completeness, accuracy and coordination with other trades.
- Prepare estimates on multiple projects concurrently.
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and distributing numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepare bids/proposals/quotations and send to manager, and answer manager’s questions.
- Review pricing of change proposals and change orders.
- Rebid estimates as necessary.
- Sales and commission opportunity available.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Math/Science related degree.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft office knowledge and experience.
- Ability to commute to the Long Island office Monday through Friday.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- BMS or ATC knowledge is a plus.
- Schneider Electric or other similar ATC/BMS product knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to attend project related meetings in the NYC region via car or public transportation.
- Must be Computer/Tech Savvy.
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employer Matched 401K & Profit Sharing
- Incentive Opportunities
This is a great career opportunity.
Posted 21 days ago