- Atlanta, GA 30309
- Job Type
Truck IT, LLC ("Truck IT"), (Headquartered in Midtown Atlanta @ the new and upscale We Work building), is focused on revolutionizing construction transportation for both customers (e.g., contractors, quarries) and haulers through our proprietary mobile and web applications. We’ve been recognized as one of BuiltWorlds "45 companies & technologies paving our future in IoT and connected jobsites"... coming in at #15 and the only company based in Atlanta. Our goal is to become the next $1 billion Tech Services company and we need to add a Data Scientist to move closer to that goal.
Data is the driver for our future at Truck IT. We’re searching for highly collaborative, analytical, and innovative engineers to build and scale our big data and ML platform. If you are passionate about using data to solve problems and build game changing products, we’d love to work with you.
Working within a dynamic and fast paced team environment, the Senior Engineer is responsible for the design, construction, and maintenance of mission-critical, highly visible big data and machine learning applications in direct support of Truck IT business objectives. Furthermore, this person is responsible for working with other engineers to develop the technical design by fully understanding the technical details, integration, and functions of multiple applications across their development team. The ideal candidate should have good mentoring and cross-functional skills.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Big Data and Machine Learning team is responsible for building big data pipelines and deriving insights out of the data using advanced analytic techniques, streaming and machine learning at scale.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Location, Location, Location - 1372 Peachtree is three floors of awesome office space in a brand-new WeWork building in Midtown Atlanta, which is conveniently located across from the Midtown Arts Marta Station
- Competitive compensation with incentive opportunities
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision and Commuter
- Becoming an integral part of a winning team surrounded by bright teammates
- Supportive leadership that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance
- Small company culture where everyone’s contribution matters and is valued
- Ability to participate in a constant offering and variety of lunch and learns along with departmental cross training
- Casual work environment and team outings
- Experience joining a company at a high-growth, inflection point and being a part of building something special
- Collaborate with product management and engineering groups to develop new products and features
- Able to identify customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Deliver informative and effective findings, results and recommendations from machine learning models to stakeholders
- Create dashboards of important statistics and metrics
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient modeling algorithms that can work with large-scale data in production systems
- Develop predictive models to address various business problems by leveraging advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or relevant technical fields.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, C and etc.
- Familiar with one or more machine learning or statistics tools/packages such as R, SciKitLearn, SparkML(MLlib), Tensorflow and etc.
- Knowledge and experience of machine learning, statistical modeling, or AI techniques
- Knowledge and experience of relational databases and SQL
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
- Experience with big data techniques (such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (such as AWS or Azure) and experience of developing applications on the cloud platforms using various cloud services
Posted 10 days ago