- Bristol, RI
- Job Type
The CNC machinist produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) milling and waterjet machines; maintaining quality and safety requirements; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs machinery by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets up machining equipment with cutting tools and fixtures, loads and secures work pieces
- Performs all machine shop operations according to specific work instructions.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Regularly performs milling, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing, cutting and sanding tasks.
- Performs inspection of machined products, and documents results in material requirements planning software
- Collaborates with engineering and quality staff to improve machining and inspection operations.
- Adhere to all AS9100 and Quality Management System requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma or graduation from a certified technical school is required.
- 3 plus years of experience in CNC set up, programming parts in a CAM software such as Cimatron, Gibs, Mastercam, etc. and operation of machines.
- Experience with water jet is a definite plus.
- PLC programming experience preferred.
- Experience machining plastics and composites is a plus.
- Experience with automation and programming robotics preferred.
- Working knowledge of machining methods and GD&T is required.
- Must be able to get along with others as well as work independently.
About TxV: TXV Aero Composites is a joint venture between Victrex and Tri-Mack Plastics to support growing needs for continuously reinforced PAEK composite components in Commercial Aerospace, through the manufacture of parts utilizing new and innovative processes. The multi-million dollar investment includes the establishment of a new manufacturing facility located in Bristol, RI.
*TxV provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. TxV is a d rug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Posted 30+ days ago