Process Engineer I
- Bristol, RI
- Job Type
Process Engineer I
TxV Aero is searching for the best and the brightest to take flight with us!
TxV Aero Composites is a joint venture between Victrex and Tri-Mack Plastics to support growing needs for continuously reinforced PAEK composite components in Commercial Aerospace, through the manufacture of parts utilizing new and innovative processes. The multi-million dollar investment includes the establishment of a new manufacturing facility located in Bristol, RI.
We are seeking a Process Engineer to join our team. Due to the sophistication of the new machinery that will occupy this facility, familiarity with robotic integration and automated processes is required of this role. Candidates with extensive manufacturing experience, especially with robotics, will also be considered for this position in lieu of an engineering degree.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, your primary responsibility will be to assist in the development of thermoplastic composite technologies on new products. This includes supporting a broad spectrum of engineering projects involving project planning, feasibility studies, part and tool design, and cost estimates. This position also requires flexibility and the willingness to support other critical areas of TxV during the initial startup phase.
- Develop processes for the manufacture of new parts. Write programs, operate equipment and determine processing windows on a wide variety of equipment.
- Provide hands-on support, troubleshooting, and continuous improvement efforts for manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Assess process capabilities, innovate and implement process and safety improvements.
- Apply technical knowledge to design and develop processes, procedures, and tooling in thermoplastic composite production.
- Assist with projects to improve productivity and reduce rejection rates through the implementation of process control, automation, or other modifcations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics, Composites, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred. Candidates with extensive manufacturing experience will also be considered.
- Familiarity with robotic integration and automated processes is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of plastics/composites manufacturing experience. Recent college graduates with internship experience will also be considered.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks is preferred.
- Working knowledge of machining, polymer processing, and cost-reduction technologies.
- Exceptional problem solving skills necessary.
Benefits Package Includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life insurance and LTD
- 401(k) retirement available with company match
- Paid Vacation and Company Holidays
TxV provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. TxV is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Posted 12 days ago