- Bristol, RI
- Job Type
QA / QC Technician
The QA / QC Technician is responsible for the inspection and testing of manufacturing processes and products to insure the product quality. The QA / QC Technician will work with a variety of inspection and test equipment and methods, processes and products, ensuring proper procedures are being followed and documented in order to maintain product quality and records traceability. QA / QC Technician will also assist to insure nonconforming product is appropriately identified and removed from the production flow until such product can be dispositioned.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Monitor production processing via random QA audits
- Conduct necessary quality inspections using proper equipment and techniques
- Conduct statistical analysis on select processes and report findings
- Assist with problem solving – root cause analysis – corrective actions
- Maintain accurate documentation of quality inspection results
- Ensure incoming materials are in compliance to required specifications
- Ensure outgoing products are in compliance with required specifications
- Ensure production personnel are following proper procedure for ongoing production checks
- Assist with training and instruction for QC Inspectors and operators in QA measuring procedures
- Development and maintenance of quality procedures and work instructions
- Audit and maintenance of compliance to required quality management system standards
- Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the AS9100 QMS
- Train and provide assistance to QC Inspectors
- All other duties as assigned.
- Technical Capacity
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- CMM / CAD Experience a plus
- Organizational Skills
- Familiarity with dimensional inspection gauges
- Problem Solving/Analytical
- Time Management
Education, Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma is required. 2 yr. degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a quality control function in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in thermoplastic composite experience is preferred, but not required
- Use of computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems preferred
About TxV: TXV Aero Composites is a joint venture between Victrex and Tri-Mack Plastics to support growing needs for continuously reinforced PAEK composite components in Commercial Aerospace, through the manufacture of parts utilizing new and innovative processes. The multi-million dollar investment includes the establishment of a new manufacturing facility located in Bristol, RI.
*TxV provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. TxV is a d rug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Posted 20 days ago