- Bristol, RI
- Job Type
Position Summary: The project engineer works with all aspects of the business to ensure projects move smoothly through each phase of development and production. They will oversee projects starting with concept development during the sales process to determining costing inputs, to new product integration and finally transitioning to production. The ability to manage multiple tasks in different phases of completion is paramount. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Interfacing with the customer and presenting to leadership is expected. The project engineer will assist in the overall launch of TxV through helping develop the quality system and manufacturing processes.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Interface with customers in development efforts of new product introduction (NPI)
- Project engineer will work through NPI and set up engineering masters
- Summarize customer and engineering requirements to be incorporated into part and data package for delivery
- Evaluate new part feasibility and assess risk management
- Develop thorough specifications for part manufacture based on minimally descriptive sales quotes
- Design and evaluate composite and hybrid parts using 3-D software (i.e. Solidworks)
- Monitor project metrics and manage the collection of data and report on project status to leadership and customer
- Ensure drawings reflect manufacturing and process capabilities to ensure success in production.
- Provide engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications and use of raw materials
- Ensure all parts meet specified drawing requirements
- Resolve scheduling and quality issues with the customer
- Work as a member of a team encompassing all departments to achieve corporate goals
- Support the implementation of the quality systems and manufacturing processes
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BS in engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experiences with composites is preferred
- Ability to read and understand 2D CAD prints and BOMs
- Organized and accountable with ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and in machine shops
- Strong communicator, verbal and written (presenting will be required)
- Strong technical aptitude and innovative and creative thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience and familiarity with GD&T
- 3D design and analysis software proficiency required (e.g. SolidWorks, CATIA, ProE or similar)
- Proficient with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Adaptability to adjust to rapidly changing work environments and operational situations
About TxV: TXV Aero Composites is a joint venture between Victrex and Tri-Mack Plastics to support growing needs for continuously reinforced PAEK composite components in Commercial Aerospace, through the manufacture of parts utilizing new and innovative processes. The multi-million dollar investment includes the establishment of a new manufacturing facility located in Bristol, RI.
*TxV provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. TxV is a d rug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Posted 27 days ago