Supply Chain Manager
- Bristol, RI
- Job Type
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for developing and facilitating all aspects of purchasing, production control, inventory control and logistics to support established business unit objectives of the company. This position is also responsible for managing the staff within the department and ensuring that every employee is properly trained and effectively performing to meet department objectives. Finally the incumbent will have a leadership role in the company’s commitment to continuous improvement and lean principles – to reduce cost of manufacture, reduce lead time, improve customer service levels, and minimize inventory investment at all times.
- Build relationships with raw material suppliers and contractors
- Evaluate supplier performance and negotiate terms and pricing based on analysis
- Provide direction to existing actions and develops new practices that strengthen the supply chain position
- Coordinate and supervise daily duties of the employees in the materials department
- Act as the custodian and expert for material specifications and testing procedures
- Maintain and accurately account for inventory of all raw materials and finished goods to satisfy production
- Forecast materials function operating and expense cost; maintain control within budgetary limits
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Financial Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Some travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Materials/Inventory Control and Warehouse Operations.
- Advanced proficiency with Visual ERP or similar ERP system is required
- Experience ordering raw material and subcontracting to detailed specifications
- Ability to focus on and manage details of many projects simultaneously is required.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required; Microsoft Project is helpful.
- Adaptability to adjust to rapidly changing work environments and operational situations.
- Adhere to all OSHA and AS9100 requirements.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Paid Time Off, including Holidays
We p rovide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. We are a d rug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Posted 30+ days ago