Warehouse Assistant Manager/Delivery Driver
- 1221 Andersen Drive, San Rafael, CA
- Job Type
Upscale Construction is an ever-growing, lively, and energetic premier custom home building company in the heart of San Francisco’s Cow Hollow district. Established in 1995, Upscale has projects that stretch from San Francisco to Wine Country. Upscale Construction is made up of individuals from across the globe. From the US to Ireland to Australia to Mexico, our backgrounds are as varied as the projects that we love to build. We genuinely care about each other and have made the commitment to not only work hard but also enjoy ourselves while doing it.
For us, coming to work is more than just a paycheck. We’re here to accomplish our own personal goals while achieving our team goals—among them to be touted as the premier builder in the Bay Area. We realize that we are strong but only if every member of our team works to support each other, in an energetic and focused manner. These are not just words; we live by these attributes every day, and we are only looking for someone to join us if they believe in these same things.
Primary Function: Receive, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from the stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and compile stock reports.
- Advise internal users on the appropriateness of parts, supplies, or materials requested.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Compile, review, and maintain data from purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents to assess supply needs.
- Confer with purchasing personnel and vendors regarding stock procurement and availability.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Determine sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items or return them to vendors.
- Drive trucks to pick up incoming stock or to deliver parts to designated locations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued.
- Prepare products, supplies, equipment, or other items for use by adjusting, repairing or assembling them as necessary.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Purchase new or additional stock or prepare documents that provide for such purchases.
- Receive and count stock items and record data manually or using computer.
- Recommend disposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
- Sell materials, equipment, and other items from stock.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
This position requires that you work full-time, five days per week. This position is not eligible for telecommuting or working from home.
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, holidays, vacation time, sick time, a 401 (k) plan, and company-paid life insurance.
Please apply online at https://www.indeedjobs.com/upscale-construction-inc?hl=en_US. An application which lists your desired salary amount will receive consideration before one that does not.
You must answer both of these questions within a cover letter.
1. Are you able to interview in person in San Francisco within 3 days of our request?
2. Are you able to start work for us full-time, 5 days per week within 3 weeks of an employment offer?
Posted 30+ days ago