- Fredericton, NB
- Job Type
A Cashier scans and bags customer purchases, processing various forms of payment for goods.
Full and Part time positions available.
- Greeting all Customers with a warm, friendly smile.
- Ensuring each Customer receives a friendly, accurate and professional service.
- Operating a cash register by scanning items across an electronic scanner to record price, compile printed list, and display cost of the Customer's purchase, tax, and rebates on the monitor screen. Assisting Customers with the bagging and loading of their merchandise.
- Accepting all forms of Customer payment according to company guidelines.
- Correctly counting back change to the Customer to prevent cash overages and shortages.
- Making change, cashing cheques, and issuing receipts to Customers.
- Scanning merchandise quickly and accurately.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mathematical Skills, Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group. Basic Reading/Writing Skills
- Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- The employee is regularly required to walk or stand.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 12kg (26lbs.).
- The employee will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping.
- The employee will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat.
- The employee will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions.
Posted 21 days ago