Paramedic - Full-time - $2,400 Sign-On Bonus
- York, PA
- Job Type
24/24 - New Recruitment Program - Effective July 1, 2017
$2,400 Sign-On Bonus, 24-month commitment required.
$500 Relocation assistance available on a case-by-case basis for out of the area paramedics.
Job title: Paramedic
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Total Annual 911 Calls (BLS & ALS): 10,628
3,525 ALS calls a year at our York base. 2,807 are 911 ALS and 718 are ALS inter-facility.
Provides emergency medical treatment and transportation to sick or injured patients from the pre-hospital environment to medical facilities in and around the City of York, PA. Participates in activities that will enhance knowledge and skill level in providing emergency care as well as ensuring requirements to maintain certifications are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides basic life support (BLS) and advanced life support (ALS) patient care following the established State, Regional, and company guidelines, treatment protocols, policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of quality patient care and customer service are provided.
- Administers prescribed emergency treatment at the site of the emergency or in specifically equipped vehicles, performing activities such as application of splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of wounds, administration of intravenous injections, EKG interpretation, cardiac defibrillation, advanced airway management.
- Determines the nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of catastrophe, and establishes the appropriate response, treatment, equipment and resource utilization to be followed.
- Observes, records, and reports to physician the patient’s condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs and treatment.
- Communicates with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or arrange reception of patients at the treatment site.
- Appropriately completes and submits medical treatment, transport, and billing documentation in a timely manner.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle and medical equipment daily and during shift as needed to ensure that it is clean, organized, and in a state of readiness after each response and reporting any damage or malfunctions to the appropriate manager.
- Completes all station duties and maintains crew quarters and facilities in accordance with company procedures.
- With regard to work schedule, emergency services is a twenty-four hour per day operation. The Paramedic’s assigned work shift schedule may vary and the provider should be available to respond immediately for a call during assigned work periods. It should also be understood that the shift start and end times are tentative due to the nature of the business and the provider should not depend upon their scheduled times.
- Executes our Company slogan “Incredible Service 24-hours a day” without exception.
Education High School diploma or equivalent required. Completion of course work and certification as a Paramedic.
Certifications, Must possess and maintain a valid EMT-P and CPR certification for the State of Pennsylvania
Licenses, and have no restrictions on Medical Command status. Must possess a valid driver’s license
Registrations: EMSVO with satisfactory driving record and EVOC certification. Must have both Federal (FBI) background and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances. ACLS, PHTLS and PEPP are strongly encouraged.
Stretcher, blood pressure cuff, medical kit, oxygen resuscitator, oxygen therapy kit, etc.
CRITICAL EXPERTISE TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Familiarity with the local and regional EMS infrastructure and geography
- Applicable BLS and ALS service levels, clinical practices, procedures, protocols, and quality assurance guidelines
- Provide mutual respect and effective working relationships with coworkers, public agency personnel, and other health care providers.
- React calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Ability to communicate with public, co-workers and professional consultants using speaking, hearing, visual, and written skills
- Must be able to work well in fast paced environment and under stressful situations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction), acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to lift 200 lbs. with assistance from partner
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision for assigned tasks
- Ability to work for extended periods of time as needed outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to access, input or retrieve information from a computer
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment of the provider ranges from an enclosed environment, such as a building, to the natural environment which is directly affected by the elements. Not all locations are safe. There is some assumed risk that is adherent to this position and may include: undetected structural instability; physical violence; animals; adverse weather conditions that may lead to catastrophic events. Other aspect that may be considered is the provider’s exposure to events that may cause psychological distress and possibly damage. Examples of this may include: death of patient; death of multiple patients; death of child; death by violence; mass casualty incidents, etc.
MARGINAL/SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management.
This position has a high degree of access to confidential information. Before placing a person in this position, a background check is required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted 7 months ago