Experienced Carpenter, Framer
- Silver Lake, KS
- Job Type
- Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
Position – Experienced Carpenter, Framer (Pay based on experience)
Location – Silver Lake, KS
ABOUT THE JOB
- Window Design Company is looking for experienced carpenters, framers. We are recognized by our customers for the quality of our work. We offer consistent work, top pay to our employees.
Job Duties May Include:
- Ability to precisely measure, cut and assemble the framing lumber needed to build residential, commercial or industrial buildings.
- Ability to work on various types of jobs including new construction, remodels or additions to existing structures.
- Working outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Lift and carry heavy objects, such as framing lumber, sheets of plywood and other building materials.
- Good understanding of math functions and calculations involving fractions.
- Work from sets of blueprints, and must know how to read and interpret them.
- Good understanding of building codes, on-the-job safety and basic first aid.
- Maintaining adequate transportation
- Recognizes safety hazards and performs all tasks in a safe manner by adhering to work practices outlined in the company’s Safety Manual.
- Knows the basic use and care of hand tools, shop tools and equipment.
- Follow instructions accurately.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Willing to autonomously and be self-directed.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- 2-3 years or more of equivalent construction experience.
- Skills to multitask and keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as climb, kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist frequently.
- High School Diploma or GED
Required License or Certification:
- Valid Driver's License
- OSHA Certification is a +
Posted 14 days ago