Subcontractor - Framer
- Silver Lake, KS
- Job Type
Position – Subcontractor – Framer
Location – Silver Lake, KS
ABOUT THE JOB
- Window Design Company is looking for highly motivated craft professionals to join our team of subcontractors. We are recognized by our customers for the quality of our work. We offer consistent work, top pay to our subcontractors.
Job Duties May Include:
- Ability to precisely measure, cut and assemble the framing lumber needed to build residential, commercial or industrial buildings.
- Ability to work on various types of jobs including new construction, remodels or additions to existing structures.
- Working outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Lift and carry heavy objects, such as framing lumber, sheets of plywood and other building materials.
- Good understanding of math functions and calculations involving fractions.
- Work from sets of blueprints, and must know how to read and interpret them.
- Good understanding of building codes, on-the-job safety and basic first aid.
- Maintaining a crew to meet the demands of the scope of work.
- Maintaining adequate transportation for the jobs assigned IE: Trailer, Truck Etc.
- Recognizes safety hazards and performs all tasks in a safe manner by adhering to work practices outlined in the company’s Safety Manual.
- Knows the basic use and care of hand tools, shop tools and equipment.
- Follow instructions accurately.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Willing to autonomously and be self-directed.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- 5 years or more of equivalent construction experience.
- 3 year or more of managing a crew.
- Skills to multitask and keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as climb, kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist frequently.
Job Type : Subcontractor
- High School Diploma or GED
Required License or Certification:
- Valid Driver's License
- General Liability Certificate
- Workman’s Compensation Certificate
- OSHA Certifications
Posted 14 months ago