Private School Teacher-All subject areas
- Miami, FL
- Job Type
The Xceed Academic Coach is a master teacher who motivates, supports, and encourages the learner and allows for growth academically, socially, and emotionally. They innovate pedagogical approaches using a variety of resources to facilitate the individual learner’s path, pace, and schedule as they align with curriculum and student goals, while delivering a high-quality online curriculum. The Academic Coach is enthusiastic and committed to learner success and fosters a culture where student achievement is measurable and accessible.
- Facilitate learner growth through authentic learning experiences that connect their acquisition of knowledge with the ability to be successful in college and life.
- Teach learners, lead small group instruction, develop positive group interactions through discussions and design projects to enhance learners’ experiences.
- Use formative assessments to delineate pedagogical approaches and resources to optimize learner engagement and motivate students.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, and participating and contributing to our professional learning community.
- Mentor students to maintain rapport and facilitate the student's capacity to build social capital.
- Model expected behaviors and maintain an ideal learning environment.
- Keep accurate school records and prepare and submit such reports as required.
- Use course data to track learner progress to ensure that the goals of the personal learning plan will be achieved.
- Promote diversity by using strategies and content that reflect various student cultures, socio-economic background, and learning abilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise of student information system (SIS) and learning management system (LMS)
Professional and Ethical Standards
- Model professional and ethical standards when engaging with learners, parents/guardians, peers, and community members.
- Participate in research and school site meetings; this may include activities such as hosting workshops, sharing of information for professional growth, and student outreach events and activities.
- Maintain records and evidence related to school accreditation.
- Maintain open communication between Head of School and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Florida Professional Teaching Certificate 5-9 and/or 6-12 in content areas
- Computer knowledge as needed for the position
Competencies and Skills
- Creatively integrate appropriate technologies and internet resources
- Experience using online education programs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Must be responsible, accountable and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic to achieve goals
- Effectively prioritize, organize, and time-manage to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness
Comprehensive Benefits Offered
Xceed does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
Date Issued: April 2017
Posted 24 days ago